GoJamaa is a Pan-African Social Network. It aims at connecting Africans all over the globe to share ideas, opportunities and networks on one single platform.
2. African orientation
GoJamaa is open only to Africans. The term “African” refers to the following People who have a citizenship status from any of the 54 countries of Africa Any people living in Africa or in the diaspora who are of African descent
3. Your Information
1. You own all the content and information you post on GoJamaa and you can control how it is shared through various options on the platform. However, you grant us a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide license to use any IP content that you post on or in connection with GoJamaa. (IP License). This IP License ends when you delete your IP content or your account unless your content has been shared with others, and they have not deleted it.
2. Unless you restrict the people who can view, all information you publish on GoJamaa is considered “of public view” and allowing everyone including people off GoJamaa, to view and utilise that information and to be able to link it with you or the page, group or profile you have created on GoJamaa.
3. We are very pleased to have your suggestions, feedback and recommendations. However, when you give us these, they are made free of charge and we are mandated to pay for these.
4. GoJamaa.com reserves the right to remove any information you publish which we believe is not in line with our mission, objectives or the general spirit of the platform.
5. 5. Given that are headquarters are based in the Republic of Cameroon, you agree that all your information should be transferred and processed in Cameroon.
4. General Usage Commitments
1. You will not post unauthorized commercial communications (such as spam) on GoJamaa.
2. You will not collect fellows' content or information, or otherwise access GoJamaa, using automated means (such as harvesting bots, robots, spiders, or scrapers) without our prior permission.
3. You will not upload viruses or other malicious code.
4. You will not solicit login information or access an account belonging to someone else.
5. You will not bully, intimidate, or harass any fellow.
6. You will not post content that: is hate speech, threatening, or pornographic; incites violence; or contains nudity or graphic or gratuitous violence.
7. You will not develop or operate a third-party application containing alcohol-related, dating or other mature content (including advertisements) without appropriate age-based restrictions.
8. You will not use GoJamaa to do anything unlawful, misleading, malicious, or discriminatory.
9. You will not do anything that could disable, overburden, or impair the proper working or appearance of GoJamaa, such as a denial of service attack or interference with page rendering or other GoJamaa functionality.
10. You will not facilitate or encourage any violations of this Statement or our policies.
5. Registration Security
1. You will not use GoJamaa if you are less than 12 Years old.
2. You will not share your password with anyone.
6. Protecting Other Fellows’ rights
1. You will not post content or take any action on GoJamaa that infringes or violates someone else's rights or otherwise violates the law.
2. We can remove any content or information you post on GoJamaa if we believe that it violates this Statement or our policies.
3. If you repeatedly infringe other people's intellectual property rights, we will disable your account when appropriate.
4. You will not use our copyrights or Trademarks or any confusingly similar marks, except as expressly permitted by our Brand Usage Guidelines or with our prior written permission.
6. You will not post anyone's identification documents or sensitive financial information on GoJamaa.
7. Using GoJamaa on mobile
1. If you use GoJamaa on your mobile device, the data charges of your internet provider still apply.
2. Using GoJamaa on mobile still entails the same agreement.
1. We will notify you when we make changes to these terms and give you the opportunity to review and comment on the revised terms before continuing to use our Services. This notification could be made via email, notification on your account, text, message or any other means though appropriate by GoJamaa.
1. You will resolve any claim, cause of action or dispute (claim) you have with us arising out of or relating to this Statement or GoJamaa exclusively in Cameroonian Courts, and you agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of such courts for the purpose of litigating all such claims. The laws of the Republic of Cameroon will govern this Statement, as well as any claim that might arise between you and us, without regard to conflict of law provisions.
2. If anyone brings a claim against us related to your actions, content or information on GoJamaa, you will indemnify and hold us harmless from and against all damages, losses, and expenses of any kind (including reasonable legal fees and costs) related to such claim. Although we provide rules for user conduct, we do not control or direct users' actions on GoJamaa and are not responsible for the content or information users transmit or share on GoJamaa. We are not responsible for any offensive, inappropriate, obscene, unlawful or otherwise objectionable content or information you may encounter on GoJamaa. We are not responsible for the conduct, whether online or offline, of any user of GoJamaa.
3. We try to keep GoJamaa up, bug-free, and safe, but you use it at your own risk. We are providing GoJamaa as is without any express or implied warranties including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement. We do not guarantee that GoJamaa will always be safe, secure or error-free or that GoJamaa will always function without disruptions, delays or imperfections. GoJamaa is not responsible for the actions, content, information, or data of third parties, and you release us, our directors, officers, employees, and agents from any claims and damages, known and unknown, arising out of or in any way connected with any claim you have against any such third parties. We will not be liable to you for any lost profits or other consequential, special, indirect, or incidental damages arising out of or in connection with this statement or GoJamaa, even if we have been advised of the possibility of such damages. Our aggregate liability arising out of this statement or GoJamaa will not exceed the greater of one hundred francs CFA (100 frs CFA following the value of CFA franc as at 28th of August 2015) in such cases, GoJamaa's liability will be limited to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law.
4. Your access to and use of the Services or any Content are at your own risk. You understand and agree that the Services are provided to you on an “AS IS” and “AS AVAILABLE” basis. Without limiting the foregoing, to the maximum extent permitted under applicable law, THE GOJAMAA ENTITIES DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
5. We are not responsible for any of your loss of business or any losses that may occur due to malfunctioning of our platform.
We can each end this Agreement anytime we want.GoJamaa or You may terminate this Agreement at any time with notice to the other. On termination, you lose the right to access or use the Services. The following shall survive termination:
1. Our rights to use and disclose your feedback;
2. Fellows' and/or Visitors' rights to further re-share content and information you shared through the Service to the extent copied or re-shared prior to termination;
3. Any amounts owed by either party prior to termination remain owed after termination.
The Services may contain links to third-party websites or resources. You acknowledge and agree that the GoJamaa Entities are not responsible or liable for: (i) the availability or accuracy of such websites or resources; or (ii) the content, products, or services on or available from such websites or resources. Links to such websites or resources do not imply any endorsement by the GoJamaa Entities of such websites or resources or the content, products, or services available from such websites or resources. You acknowledge sole responsibility for and assume all risk arising from your use of any such websites or resources.
1. “GoJamaa” here means all features and services which Gojamaa.com or its mobile applications render to you. It also refers to our brand and
2. “Fellows” means users or joiners on GoJamaa.
1. This Statement makes up the entire agreement between the parties regarding GoJamaa, and supersedes any prior agreements.
2. If any portion of this Statement is found to be unenforceable, the remaining portion will remain in full force and effect.
3. If we fail to enforce any of this Statement, it will not be considered a waiver.
4. Any amendment to or waiver of this Statement must be made in writing and signed by us.
5. You will not transfer any of your rights or obligations under this Statement to anyone else without our consent.
6. All of our rights and obligations under this Statement are freely assignable by us in connection with a merger, acquisition, or sale of assets, or by operation of law or otherwise.
7. Nothing in this Statement shall prevent us from complying with the law.
8. This Statement does not confer any third party beneficiary rights.
9. We reserve all rights not expressly granted to you.
10. You will comply with all applicable laws when using or accessing GoJamaa.
11. This version of the Terms and condition settings is in English.
14. Contacting Us
You can contact GoJamaa at the following address BP 563, Buea, Republic of Cameroon, Central Africa email@example.com